The easiest way to spread your catalog to Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Utilize Akeneo’s open source PIM solution to easily consolidate, enrich, manage, and export product information to Salesforce Commerce Cloud. This connector leverages the latest API technology to provide seamless integration between Akeneo PIM and Commerce Cloud.
How it works
Once the architecture of your catalog is complete in Akeneo PIM, and your collections ready for export, you can spread your product content to Salesforce Commerce Cloud in just a few steps from the Business Manager of Salesforce Commerce:
- Upload the .zip archive that contains the connector
- Fill in the API credentials to bind your Akeneo instance with your SFCC account
- Set a handful of custom preferences to ease synchronization between Akeneo catalog and Salesforce Commerce Cloud architecture as per your own needs
- Use the Job schedules feature to run pre-set jobs that will call relevant API endpoints to fetch the whole catalog inside Salesforce Commerce Cloud
See how it works in details with a full demonstration of our extension here:
The integration enables the merchant to set up pre-defined jobs in Salesforce Commerce Business Manager to retrieve product data, product with variants, categories, attributes, media, assets, associations and price books from Akeneo PIM.
Imports can be made either manually or automatically through CRON jobs as part of the native Jobs feature of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
A set of custom preferences also enables the merchant to map Akeneo PIM attributes to existing Salesforce Commerce taxonomy.
Get in touch with Akeneo to know more about the perks and the support model of Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Tel. (France): +33 (0)2 55 59 00 00
- Tel. (Germany): +49 211 2339 6655
- Tel. (U.S.A.): +1 (833) PIM-4ALL
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud
The Akeneo Connector has been certified under version 21.0.0 of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud integration is a certified plug-in for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. Leveraging Akeneo API technology, this extension is designed to work with the following versions of Akeneo PIM, for both Community and Enterprise editions.
Akeneo Connector is also compatible with the latest StoreFront Reference Architecture of Salesforce Commerce Cloud as well as the Model View Controller.
- The cartridge now uses the Akeneo API Category filters when requesting products, based on the configuration field "topLevelCategoryID"
- Certified version, this involves some modifications:
- The cartridge has been renamed in 'bm_akeneo` for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud certified connector. Please note that:
Steps for Akeneo
cartridge renaming :
- upload the new cartridge version on the target plateform
- edit the Site configuration so that it now uses the bm_akeneo cartridge :
Manage Sites => "SiteName" => Settings and in the Cartridges field, rename bc_akeneo to bm_akeneo
- delete the old "x-Akeneo-...' jobs
- import the new metadatas (Administration > Site Import & Export)
To make sure the jobs are pointing to the correct cartridge, go to Administration > Jobs > Open any of the "x-Akeneo-..." job, go to the "Job Steps" tab. The "ExecuteScriptModule.Module" field should point to a path starting with "bm_akeneo".
- The code compatibility mode switched from 18.10 to 19.10
- The connector manages association with quantity feature in a bundle association type
- Changes to configuration interface's labels and documentation
- Remove category assignment duplicates on variants
- Add support for prefix/suffix parameter for media URL
- Changes to configuration interface's labels and documentation
- Remove category assignment duplicates on variants
- Leave AkeneoCatalogRunTime as it is and only updates it if the job succeeds (with the date of the beginning of the job execution)
- The both way product association (A <==> B) and simple way (A ==> B) have been implemented.
- Null check on storefront catalog header (SDS-17263)
- Now consider the "Start time" of the last successful import job for differential imports.
Missing NULL check on writeImagesXML.js is not creating an error anyway
A proper Error message is logged when image view type setting is empty
Code checking for image view type settings when image import is not enabled
Bug Fix: Null Pointer Exception in generateImagesXML.js
Introduced new configuration for mapping Media Assets Attributes to SFCC Image Viewtypes
Bug Fix: Can't get labels from attributes when using mappings
Storefront Import does not throw warning anymore when running an import without Categories
- You can decide to not copy the PIM categories into SFCC. More detail online
- Asset and Media jobs are more resilient to errors, which means if an error occurs in the asset import process, then the import job status will be in orange with the WARNING label. Details of the error are explicitly written down in the import log file.
- Multi-select Bug Fix
in order to have a direct visualization of the variant medias, we have created thumbnails in the image grid.
The cartridge is now compatible with the new 4.0 Asset Manager and allow you to manage:
IMAGES (URL or Upladed images in the PIM)
VIDEO (Youtube & Vimeo links only)
FILES - PDF or Other (URL or Uploaded media in the PIM
To overcome the SharedLibrary limitation we have decided to change slightly the way to store the media information as a product attribute. Please check the related online documetation
Performance issues fix.
- Possibility for the user to synchronize the PIM enable/Disable status with the SalesForce
You now have the possibility to link PIM attributes to 32 standards SF attribute (instead of 8 before):
["EAN", "UPC", "unit", "minOrderQuantity", "stepQuantity", "name", "shortDescription", "longDescription", "onlineFlag", "onlineFrom", "onlineTo", "searchable", "searchableIfUnavailable", "template", "taxClassID", "brand", "manufacturerName", "manufacturerSKU", "searchPlacement", "searchRank", "siteMapIncluded", "siteMapChangeFrequency", "siteMapPriority", "pageTitle", "pageDescription", "pageKeywords", "pageUrl", "pinterestEnabled", "facebookEnabled", "storeReceiptName", "storeForcePriceEnabled", "storeNonInventoryEnabled", "storeNonRevenueEnabled", "storeNonDiscountableEnabled"]
note: those one are not mappable:
["ID", "UUID", "lastModified", "creationDate"] => reserved to the SF system auto generation
["available", "image", "thumbnail", "storeTaxClass"] => deprecated by SF
Bad product attribute grouping (due to a PIM API evolution).
- Compliance with New Asset Manager, image-based assets only (Documentation)
- Improve Product model mapping (compliance for variant axes attribute types). It is now possible to create a product variation axis of those kinds (Documentation):
- Simple select
- Reference entity single link (EE only)
- Measurement (ex metric)
- Boolean (Yes/No)
- Be able to have more than 1 attribute on the first variation axis to spread images in the created variations in SFCC (as a gift, the attributes for variation are now automatically gathered)
- To avoid the contributed refinement to disappear at every import, a new job has to be created on the SF side to copy those refinements in a cache.
- Wrong catalog import and out of memory error, fixed
- The recommendation issues (not working anymore), fixed
- Be able to select the assets by picking the scope/channel under consideration, fixed
- Bug fix: If simple/multi-select attribute is deselected in PIM, it will now reflect the change in SFCC.
- Salesforce certified version
- In SFCC Marketplace this version is available as 20.1.0 as per SFCC's version number standards
- We release the same certified version as version number 20.1.1 because we already released a version with number 20.1.0 earlier this year in our GitHub before getting certification from SFCC for this year
- Introduced custom cache
- Certification fixes
- Clearing impex directories before executing each job
- Full sync optimization
- Removed usage of custom objects in model-variation import
- New feature added: Import Product Bundle (Documentation)
- New feature added: Import Reference Entities (Documentation)
- Documentation corrected/updated
- New feature added: Support mutliple organizations and storefronts (Documentation)
- Multiple bug fixes
- New feature added: Import Model-Model-Variations into Model-Variation Group-Variations (Documentation)
- Filter attribute meta import
- Updated feature: Advanced Filter Builder
- New feature - Import association as Product Sets (Documentation)
- New feature - Import association as Product Links (OR Recommendations) (Documentation)
- Bug fix: Empty attribute for product variation
- Bug fixes on API Token refresh
- Upgraded to Script Module version
- Find the steps to migrate from existing Pipeline version to Script Module version in our documentation
- Bug fix on asset update
Note: Re-import of custom-objecttype-definitions is recommended
- Bug fixes: Asset update
- Bug fixes: Adding variation to already imported Master
Note: Expecting a one time full import just after applying these bug fixes
- Bug fix: importing multiple types of Table attributes
Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Akeneo PIM v.2.3)
- Jobs are configured to trigger pipelines
- Imports Master-Variation products
- Imports product associations
Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud Documentation
Have a look at our Help Center to go through the installation process, and get a handful of tips to configure the settings of your Akeneo Connector properly.
How to install Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Upload the bc_akeneo cartridge into the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Studio Workspace:
1. Open Salesforce Commerce Cloud Studio.
2. Click File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace.
3. Browse to the directory where you have saved the bc_akeneo cartridge.
4. Click Finish.
5. Click OK when prompted to link the cartridge to the sandbox.
For the Akeneo integration to work, the following object structures (metadata) needs to be imported and configured in the Business manager. Follow the below steps:
1. In the cartridge bundle find metadata/ simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import and compress it to generate simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import.zip file.
2. Go to Business Manager Menu > Administration > Site Development > Site Import & Export
3. Under Import : Upload Archive : Ensure that the radio button with label Local is enabled (Else click on the radio button to enable it)
4. Click on Choose File input field, select the simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import.zip file from open dialog box and click on upload button
5. After finishing the upload, from the Archives list click the radio button corresponding to simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import.zip and click on Import button
6. Click on OK button of the confirmation box asking “Are you sure that you want to import the selected archive?”
1. Go to Business Manager Menu > Administration -> Sites -> Manage Sites.
2. Select the desired site.
3. Click on the Settings tab.
4. Append ":bc_akeneo" to the "Cartridges" field.
5. Click on Apply button.
6. Repeat steps d and e for all sites including Business Manager site.
For using Akeneo’s jobs, here the requirements:
- have at least one site activated for associate job to site scope.
- have at least one storefront catalog associate to your current site.
(The master catalog which contain all akeneo product will be automatically created)
Once all previous requirements are valid, you have to configure Custom Site Preferences.
Go to Business Manager Menu > Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Preferences
Schedule jobs as needed, and start synchronization with Akeneo PIM instance.
Please refer to our documentation to get more details about the jobs and Custom Preferences configuration.