The easiest way to spread your catalog to Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Utilize Akeneo’s open source PIM solution to easily consolidate, enrich, manage, and export product information to Salesforce Commerce Cloud. This connector leverages the latest API technology to provide seamless integration between Akeneo PIM and Commerce Cloud.
How it works
Once the architecture of your catalog is complete in Akeneo PIM, and your collections ready for export, you can spread your product content to Salesforce Commerce Cloud in just a few steps from the Business Manager of Salesforce Commerce:
- Upload the .zip archive that contains the connector
- Fill in the API credentials to bind your Akeneo instance with your SFCC account
- Set a handful of custom preferences to ease synchronization between Akeneo catalog and Salesforce Commerce Cloud architecture as per your own needs
- Use the Job schedules feature to run pre-set jobs that will call relevant API endpoints to fetch the whole catalog inside Salesforce Commerce Cloud
See how it works in details with a full demonstration of our extension here:
The integration enables the merchant to set up pre-defined jobs in Salesforce Commerce Business Manager to retrieve product data, product with variants, categories, attributes, media, assets, associations and price books from Akeneo PIM.
Imports can be made either manually or automatically through CRON jobs as part of the native Jobs feature of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
A set of custom preferences also enables the merchant to map Akeneo PIM attributes to existing Salesforce Commerce taxonomy.
Get in touch with Akeneo to know more about the perks and the support model of Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Tel. (France): +33 (0)2 55 59 00 00
- Tel. (Germany): +49 211 2339 6655
- Tel. (U.S.A.): +1 (833) PIM-4ALL
- E-Mail: email@example.com
About Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud cartridge version 19.x
The Akeneo Connector has been certified under version 19.2.0 of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud integration is a certified plug-in for Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform. Leveraging Akeneo API technology, this extension is designed to work with the following versions of Akeneo PIM, for both Community and Enterprise editions:
- Akeneo 2.3
- Akeneo 3.0
- Akeneo 3.1
- Akeneo 3.2
Akeneo Connector is also compatible with the latest StoreFront Reference Architecture of Salesforce Commerce Cloud as well as the Model View Controller.
- Clearing impex directories before executing each job
- Full sync optimization
- Removed usage of custom objects in model-variation import
- New feature added: Import Product Bundle (Documentation)
- New feature added: Import Reference Entities (Documentation)
- Documentation corrected/updated
- New feature added: Support mutliple organizations and storefronts (Documentation)
- Multiple bug fixes
- New feature added: Import Model-Model-Variations into Model-Variation Group-Variations (Documentation)
- Filter attribute meta import
- Updated feature: Advanced Filter Builder
- New feature - Import association as Product Sets (Documentation)
- New feature - Import association as Product Links (OR Recommendations) (Documentation)
- Bug fix: Empty attribute for product variation
- Bug fixes on API Token refresh
- Upgraded to Script Module version
- Find the steps to migrate from existing Pipeline version to Script Module version in our documentation
- Bug fix on asset update
Note: Re-import of custom-objecttype-definitions is recommended
- Bug fixes: Asset update
- Bug fixes: Adding variation to already imported Master
Note: Expecting a one time full import just after applying these bug fixes
- Bug fix: importing multiple types of Table attributes
Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Akeneo PIM v.2.3)
- Jobs are configured to trigger pipelines
- Imports Master-Variation products
- Imports product associations
How to install Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Upload the bc_akeneo cartridge into the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Studio Workspace:
1. Open Salesforce Commerce Cloud Studio.
2. Click File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace.
3. Browse to the directory where you have saved the bc_akeneo cartridge.
4. Click Finish.
5. Click OK when prompted to link the cartridge to the sandbox.
For the Akeneo integration to work, the following object structures (metadata) needs to be imported and configured in the Business manager. Follow the below steps:
1. In the cartridge bundle find metadata/ simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import and compress it to generate simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import.zip file.
2. Go to Business Manager Menu > Administration > Site Development > Site Import & Export
3. Under Import : Upload Archive : Ensure that the radio button with label Local is enabled (Else click on the radio button to enable it)
4. Click on Choose File input field, select the simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import.zip file from open dialog box and click on upload button
5. After finishing the upload, from the Archives list click the radio button corresponding to simple-akeneo-workflow_site-import.zip and click on Import button
6. Click on OK button of the confirmation box asking “Are you sure that you want to import the selected archive?”
1. Go to Business Manager Menu > Administration -> Sites -> Manage Sites.
2. Select the desired site.
3. Click on the Settings tab.
4. Append ":bc_akeneo" to the "Cartridges" field.
5. Click on Apply button.
6. Repeat steps d and e for all sites including Business Manager site.
For using Akeneo’s jobs, here the requirements:
- have at least one site activated for associate job to site scope.
- have at least one storefront catalog associate to your current site.
(The master catalog which contain all akeneo product will be automatically created)
Once all previous requirements are valid, you have to configure Custom Site Preferences.
Go to Business Manager Menu > Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Preferences
Schedule jobs as needed, and start synchronization with Akeneo PIM instance.
Please refer to our documentation to get more details about the jobs and Custom Preferences configuration.
Akeneo Connector for Salesforce Commerce Cloud Documentation
Have a look at our Help Center to go through the installation process, and get a handful of tips to configure the settings of your Akeneo Connector properly.