The most reliable way to export your catalog to Magento 2
Formerly known as "PIMgento 2", the Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 joins Akeneo's ecosystem to help merchants manage and export their catalog data to Magento 2. This Akeneo Connector version leverages the latest API technology to provide seamless integration between Akeneo PIM and Magento Commerce.
How it works
Once the architecture of your catalog is completed in Akeneo, and your collections ready for export, you can spread your product content to Magento 2 in just a few steps from the back-end of Magento Commerce. The connector fetches data from Akeneo API and insert it directly in Magento database. As a result, imports are very fast and don't cause outages of your webstores.
See how it works in details with an end-to-end demonstration of our Akeneo Connector here:
The following Akeneo features can be exported to your Magento 2 webstores thanks to this connector:
- Categories | Families | Attributes | Options | Products | Product Models
Only Community Edition features of Akeneo are supported with this connector version. To put your hands on the Enterprise Edition of this Akeneo Connector, please click HERE.
Which Akeneo Connector version should I use?
There are 2 versions of the Akeneo Connector for Magento 2.
In addition of the core features of Akeneo Community Edition, the Enterprise Edition of the connector supports additional EE-only features, such as Product Assets(*) or Reference Entities(**).
The Enterprise Edition of the connector also benefits from SLA-backed support by Akeneo teams, as well as evolutions along the year to enhance its performances and its functional scope.
|Features||Community Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|Benefits||Community Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|Access to the connector roadmap|
(*) Currently Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 is compatible with the new PIM 4.0 asset manager system with Image assets only (not video and file assets)... but we're working on it!
(**) As Magento 2 does not have an equivalent concept to PIM "Reference Entity", since Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 version 100.2.1, we add a new feature to map PIM Reference Entities at product level in Magento 2: please be sure to read our documentation to understand the Connector configuration possibilities and how this works in Magento 2.
Still on Magento 1?
Export your Akeneo catalogs to Magento 1 thanks to the powerful connector developed by our historical partner, Agence Dn'D.
- Add support for file attributes import (Documentation)
- Add feature to apply default status to new products (Documentation)
- Add automatic mapping for existing attributes, attribute options and products in Magento (Please read carefully our documentation)
- Add entities check in connector entities table before import
- Fix product URL rewrite generation to prevent duplicate entry errors
- Fix product URL generation for configurable product in case of mapping with url_key
- Fix error on price attribute import
- Fix category attribute set getter to prevent mixed id in case of data migration
- Fix metric import when metric attribute code contains uppercase characters
- Add product model batch size and request size to prevent MYSQL errors. To know more, please consult our Documentation.
- Fix Object Manager usage
- Fix category URL request missing "parent_id" select
- Fix product image and asset name that should not exceed 90 characters since Magento 2.3.3
Warning : After updating connector to this version, all image names will be renamed. (To know more, please consult documentation)
- Remove unused "file" column on log grid
- Move API client call from construct
- Fix category URL issue adding -1, -2 to url-key when category had same name but not same parent category
- Remove Akeneo attribute group import from connector (Documentation)
- Remove automatic mapping for attributes "price", "special_price" and "cost" (Documentation)
- Add metric as product variant and unit concatenation feature (Documentation)
- Update wording for configurable product attribute mapping
- Add check to prevent the creation of attributes and options with empty admin label
- Fix product association deletion with differential product import
- Improve configurable attributes feature with specific types (Documentation)
Warning: After updating connector to this version, please check the
Configurable configuration under the
Products section in the Akeneo Connector configuration and update the
Type column of your mapping with the appropriate value if necessary.
- Fix import command description
- Convert uppercase attribute mapping to lowercase
- Set import job response after step finish events
- Fix identifier column type in temporary product import table
- Fix missing where statement on delete in website association feature
- Fix product website request if attribute is not filled in Akeneo
- Fix duplicate node in config.xml file
- Add check on family label to prevent import error on duplicate labels in Akeneo
- Fix issue when importing associations
- Improve attribute option import
- Add website mapping from select or multiselect attribute in Akeneo (Documentation)
- Use native Magento serializer
- Fix proxy class injection in command construct
- Fix association import when result is empty
- Fix url_key mapping and generation
- Fix attribute mapping key
- Initial release
Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 Documentation
For any question remaining, have a look at our Help Center to go through the installation process, and a handful of tips to configure the settings of your connector properly.