The most reliable way to export your catalog to Magento 2
Formerly known as "PIMgento 2", the Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 joins Akeneo's ecosystem to help merchants manage and export their catalog data to Magento 2. This Akeneo Connector version leverages the latest API technology to provide seamless integration between Akeneo PIM and Magento Commerce.
How it works
Once the architecture of your catalog is completed in Akeneo, and your collections ready for export, you can spread your product content to Magento 2 in just a few steps from the back-end of Magento Commerce. The connector fetches data from Akeneo API and insert it directly in Magento database. As a result, imports are very fast and don't cause outages of your webstores.
See how it works in details with an end-to-end demonstration of our Akeneo Connector here:
The following Akeneo features can be exported to your Magento 2 webstores thanks to this connector:
- Categories | Families | Attributes | Options | Products | Product Models
Only Community Edition features of Akeneo are supported with this connector version. To put your hands on the Enterprise Edition of this Akeneo Connector, please click HERE.
Which Akeneo Connector version should I use?
There are 2 versions of the Akeneo Connector for Magento 2.
In addition of the core features of Akeneo Community Edition, the Enterprise Edition of the connector supports additional EE-only features, such as Product Assets or Reference Entities(*).
The Enterprise Edition of the connector also benefits from SLA-backed support by Akeneo teams, as well as evolutions along the year to enhance its performances and its functional scope.
|Features||Community Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|Benefits||Community Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|Access to the connector roadmap|
(*) As Magento 2 does not have an equivalent concept to PIM "Reference Entity", since Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 version 100.2.1, we add a new feature to map PIM Reference Entities at product level in Magento 2: please be sure to read our documentation to understand the Connector configuration possibilities and how this works in Magento 2.
Still on Magento 1?
Export your Akeneo catalogs to Magento 1 thanks to the powerful connector developed by our historical partner, Agence Dn'D.
- Fix image import with uppercase attribute codes
- Fix product model temporary table data insertion when using multiple channels
- Fix command constructor inverted comments causing compilation issue
- Add credentials check before command line import jobs
- Add pagination to API calls in the admin configuration page
- Add security to prevent import of attributes starting with numbers (Documentation)
- Add column filtering for job status in the admin connector log grid - Fix custom options deletion after each product import
- Fix website mapping attribute code comparison to lowercase
- Fix configurable mapping attribute code comparison to lowercase
- Add configuration check for empty mapping
- Fix category url_path generation
- Fix category and family source model return when API credentials are not configured
- Fix advanced filter issue with family filter variable
- Fix product filters not being reseted after each family during command line execution
- Fix create table function causing some products and product models not being imported in multi-website environment
- Fix misleading warning label during image import
- Fix Akeneo API connection being initialized in construct on the admin configuration page of the connector
- Fix strict type for Akeneo PHP client pagination variable
- Fix product count during product model job
- Optimize product association deletion request
- Fix product default status behavior conflict with Magento 2 Enterprise content staging feature
- Optimize category association deletion request during product import
- Skip product URL rewrite generation for non-associated websites
- Add product import job batching family after family (Documentation)
- Optimize product model column number in a temporary table by adding a filter for API request on mapped channels and available locales
- Remove URL key generation for non-visible products
- Fix metric option creation when a value is set on a product model specific attribute
- Fix metric value set to "0" when empty on Akeneo
- Fix website association not deleted when website attribute value is empty for a product
- Optimize deletion of akeneo_connector_product_model columns during product model import job
- Global classes reformatting including: change private scope of variables and functions, remove AbstractHelper usage, fix usage of Akeneo\Connector\Job\Import class and change job types to object
Warning: After updating connector to this version, make sure to recompile your code, flush Magento 2 cache and check your custom developments
- Add support for Magento 2 Enterprise Content Staging feature (Documentation)
- Fix Magento 2 Enterprise is_returnable default value for products
- Fix multi-select attribute options assignation causing multiple options with similar code to be selected
- Fix attribute option code separator in akeneo_connector_entities table
- Fix attribute position inside attribute groups being set to 0 during attribute import job
- Add support for file attributes import (Documentation)
- Add feature to apply default status to new products (Documentation)
- Add automatic mapping for existing attributes, attribute options and products in Magento (Please read carefully our documentation)
- Add entities check in connector entities table before import
- Fix product URL rewrite generation to prevent duplicate entry errors
- Fix product URL generation for configurable product in case of mapping with url_key
- Fix error on price attribute import
- Fix category attribute set getter to prevent mixed id in case of data migration
- Fix metric import when metric attribute code contains uppercase characters
- Add product model batch size and request size to prevent MYSQL errors. To know more, please consult our Documentation.
- Fix Object Manager usage
- Fix category URL request missing "parent_id" select
- Fix product image and asset name that should not exceed 90 characters since Magento 2.3.3
Warning : After updating connector to this version, all image names will be renamed. (To know more, please consult documentation)
- Remove unused "file" column on log grid
- Move API client call from construct
- Fix category URL issue adding -1, -2 to url-key when category had same name but not same parent category
- Remove Akeneo attribute group import from connector (Documentation)
- Remove automatic mapping for attributes "price", "special_price" and "cost" (Documentation)
- Add metric as product variant and unit concatenation feature (Documentation)
- Update wording for configurable product attribute mapping
- Add check to prevent the creation of attributes and options with empty admin label
- Fix product association deletion with differential product import
- Improve configurable attributes feature with specific types (Documentation)
Warning: After updating connector to this version, please check the
Configurable configuration under the
Products section in the Akeneo Connector configuration and update the
Type column of your mapping with the appropriate value if necessary.
- Fix import command description
- Convert uppercase attribute mapping to lowercase
- Set import job response after step finish events
- Fix identifier column type in temporary product import table
- Fix missing where statement on delete in website association feature
- Fix product website request if attribute is not filled in Akeneo
- Fix duplicate node in config.xml file
- Add check on family label to prevent import error on duplicate labels in Akeneo
- Fix issue when importing associations
- Improve attribute option import
- Add website mapping from select or multiselect attribute in Akeneo (Documentation)
- Use native Magento serializer
- Fix proxy class injection in command construct
- Fix association import when result is empty
- Fix url_key mapping and generation
- Fix attribute mapping key
- Initial release
Akeneo Connector for Magento 2 Documentation
For any question remaining, have a look at our Help Center to go through the installation process, and a handful of tips to configure the settings of your connector properly.