How it works
- Some event(s) happens in Akeneo PIM. This triggers a mechanism to send those event(s) to a consumer
- Consumer receives a JSON payload which specifies event (the same data format like Akeneo PIM API uses)
- Akeneo PIM Events API Bundle uses separate job to deliver events to consumer
- The sending of events happens in real-time
Supported Event Types
- Product Model
Example of delivered event
"de_DE": "Cameras new name",
- event_type: type of event which happened (see Supported Event Types)
- payload: contains information which represents the event
If Akeneo family contains variants, then during family update (or it's variants as well), Akeneo will re-save related products. It will trigger sending Products Update events.
- Possibility to select event types to subscribe
- URL Verification Handshake
- Support for Multiple endpoints
- Rate limiting
- Support for Akeneo Enterprise event types
- Custom events
- Mass edit
This Akeneo extension is open source, you can find the repository on GitHub
Install via composer:
php composer.phar require trilix/akeneo-events-api-bundle:^0.4.0-dev
To enable the bundle add to the app/AppKernel.php file in the registerProjectBundles() method:
protected function registerProjectBundles()
Add the following line at the end of app/config/parameters.yml:
where endpoint_url is an endpoint url of consumer which accepts events from Akeneo PIM.
Add the following lines at the end of app/config/config.yml:
default: uri: "%default_events_api_app_uri%"
Run the following command to create a job to deliver events to consumer:
bin/console akeneo:batch:create-job 'Deliver outer event to consumer' deliver_outer_event_to_consumer internal deliver_outer_event_to_consumer
❗️One daemon or several daemon processes have to be started to execute the jobs. Please follow the documentation Setting up the job queue daemon if it’s not the case.