If you're a typical PIM customer, you must be selling hundred or thousands of products via one or more channels. Each of your products likely has a variety of digital assets – images (silos, environmentals, etc), videos, product sheets (warranty, assembly instructions, safety sheets, etc.), and more. You probably don't use a DAM to organize, store, and manage these assets systematically. Even if you use a DAM like Widen, preparing and transferring digital assets into PIM, linking them to applicable product SKUs, and synchronizing them to various digital channels is often a manual and error-prone process. Such an inefficient process often has a negative impact on digital customer experiences and sales. Not to mention, it is also a costly and complex operation to execute these operations using legacy processes.
A robust integration between DAM and PIM systems will help transfer product related digital assets automatically from DAM into PIM and onto digital channels. It can also transfer key product information from PIM into DAM to minimize manual data entry of asset meta-data, and can enable efficient asset operations (search, enrich, update, expire, delete, etc.) in DAM.
StrikeTru’s Widen DAM for Akeneo connector does just that. It automatically transfers digital assets managed in Widen DAM into Akeneo PIM, links those assets to products in PIM, enriches assets in DAM with product data retrieved from PIM, and expires digital assets in DAM based on product status maintained in PIM. It leverages APIs to integrate Widen DAM and Akeneo PIM. It can be deployed on-premise, and is also available as a cloud offering.
- Compatible with all Akeneo editions – Enterprise, Community, Cloud Flexibility, and Cloud Serenity
- Leverages Widen DAM and Akeneo PIM APIs
- Highly configurable
- Auto transfers asset and metadata between Widen and Akeneo
- Transfers multiple asset types into PIM – Images, Videos, Product Sheets, Brand Logos, Swatches, etc.
- Auto links assets to products in PIM
- Transfers various metadata to enrich assets in DAM – Product Category, Color, Size, Vendor, Collection, etc.
- Configurable attribute mappings (DAM to PIM, PIM to DAM)
- Auto-expires assets in DAM based on product data in PIM
- Email reporting of asset errors (bad filenames, sync issues, etc.)
For screenshots, please see the Documentation section.
Widen DAM Features
For more information on Widen DAM features and benefits, click here.
To purchase the Widen DAM for Akeneo connector, or to learn more about the connector features and benefits, contact StrikeTru. We'll be happy to arrange a free demo/consultation session at your convenience.
Phone: +1 832 303 3257
- Released 11/25/2019
- Can be deployed on-premise. Also available as a cloud hosted offering.
- The connector uses Akeneo CE features to sync assets to PIM, and will also work for EE users that don't use the Asset Manager.
- Coming Soon: Compatibility with Akeneo EE Asset Manager
- Install Java JDK 1.8 on the PIM server
- Contact email@example.com to obtain the latest version of an executable JAR file and connector configuration files
- Deploy the jar file and configuration files in a designated folder (say /path/to/connector/)
- Delete /path/to/connector/ folder
- Delete cron entry
Locate /path/to/connector/widen2akeneo.properties, and configure API and email server connectivity details.
Locate /path/to/connector/config.yml, and configure the following:
- Digital asset and meta-data sync frequency
- Types of assets to transfer from DAM into PIM
- Images, Videos, Product Sheets, Brand Logos, Swatches, etc.
- Asset type specific Widen embed URLs
- Asset meta-data to transfer from DAM into PIM
- Asset Type, Year, Image Angle, Shot #, etc.
- Asset meta-data to transfer from PIM into DAM
- Product category, color, size, shape, vendor, collection, etc.
- Attribute name mappings (DAM to PIM, and PIM to DAM)
- Rule to auto-expire assets in DAM based on product data maintained in PIM
- Recipients for email reports identify asset errors (bad filenames, sync issues, etc.)
Setup the following cron entry to start sync'ing assets and meta-data:
- ## Sync digital assets and meta-data once a day, 5am ##
- * 5 * * * java -cp /path/to/connector/widen-dam-for-akeneo-1.0.jar com.striketru.widen2akeneo.connector
The following screenshots illustrate asset and meta-data synchronization between Widen DAM and Akeneo PIM systems.
Product Assets Managed in DAM
Product Data in PIM (Before Asset Sync from DAM)
Product Data in PIM (After Asset Sync from DAM)
Product on Website (After Product Sync from PIM)
Data in PIM (i.e. Metadata for Assets in DAM)
Asset Metadata in DAM (Sourced from PIM)
Asset Expiration in DAM
- A product discontinued in PIM triggers expiration of related assets in DAM
- Expiration performed by updating Expiration Date and/or Asset Group